Cold Laser Therapy
Are you looking for cold laser therapy in Battle Ground? Cold lasers (also known as low level lasers) are called cold laser because they do not generate heat. This is in contrast to the “hot” laser that most people are familiar with that are used in surgery to cut off vaporize tissue. Cold Laser Therapy (CTL) works by stimulating cell function. The effects are biochemical, not thermal, and therefore cannot damage living cells. Cold Laser Therapy is safe for both the operator and the patient. CTL has also been called light therapy, low-level laser therapy (LLLT), low power laser therapy, photon therapy, photonic (light) therapy, phototherapy and more recently photodynamic therapy (PDT), or Intense Pulsed Light Therapy (IPLT).
How it Works
Laser Light has unique physical properties that no other light source has. It triggers normal cellular metabolism and doesn’t increase tumor, ulcer or cancer cell production. Five distinct biological effects occur by using cold laser therapy. These include:
- Increased growth factor production within cells and tissue in response to increased protein synthesis and energy production (mitochondrial ATP production).
- Pain relief from suppression of pain receptors and the increased release of endorphins and other pain mediators.
- Enhanced healing response, which decreases wound healing time due to increased blood flow, decreased inflammation and scar formation, and increased DNA and collagen production.
- Enhanced immune performance, due to increased and stabilized immune cell function.
- Improved lymphatic drainage, resulting in more rapid reduction of swelling in injured tissues.
Applied in an acupuncture/nutritional setting, the use of cold laser stimulates the nervous system, both central and autonomic, so both function better.
Other anecdotal uses
- Arthritis pain, bursitis and restricted movement
- Carpal Tunnel and TMJ pain
- Muscle and joint pain (ankles, knees, elbows, hands, wrists)
- Shin splints
- Strains, sprains, fractures and spurs
- Swelling and edema
Research has shown that repeated Cold Laser Therapy produces the best results. Call Synsvoll Chiropractic today to schedule an appointment.
8:30am - 5:00pm
8:30am - 5:30pm
8:30am - 5:30pm
9:00am - 11:00am
Saturday & Sunday